Hey Beautiful Peopleeeee,
So, I was thinking recently, how do I elevate my self to the next level? Then almost immediately the thoughts of what I could be doing was replaced with thoughts of what I ‘should’ be doing and why I couldn’t possibly do the first part. Uncertainty and doubts creep in, and it’s a common thought process for many of us.
One of the major enemies of growth is most definitely caring too much about the opinions of others. Imagine all the things we would have achieved if we didn’t have to worry about our image. Surely we’d live happier lives. Its sad that we often think about what things would look like to others, even before realising what we actually want in the first place. Ive done this myself several times, and it’s extremely detrimental to happiness and success.
It’s pretty evident to me that the people who live the most fulfilling lives are often the ones that are fearless & unapologetic to people’s thoughts & opinions. The ones that have figured out how to let bullshit just glide off their backs like baby oil, and proceed with whatever they were gonna do anyway. I mean just look at the celebrities, they’re obviously forced to hone the skill daily. Certain people (*cough* Bow wow) take L’s everyday (and counting) and still has the bulls to carry on where he left off. Unbothered.
I certainly wish I knew that formula, or get my hands on what ever he’s on. But for those of us who will never know, I thought compiling a little list would be beneficial in helping us take steps towards the right direction.
1. Build your confidence and self esteem. Probably the most single important thing. Self love and self esteem is absolutely paramount in the harsh world we live in. Once you are certain of who you are, what you stand for and what you want, no one can tell you nada.
2. Do things out of your comfort zone. Putting yourself out there in a very critical world is terrifying but its fastest the only way to develop a thick skin. People are harsh, ignorant and just plain stupid. Its a cruel world. Start small by doing something like starting conversation with strangers, then graduate to vlogging in public or posting a video on a controversial subject. Sooner or later, you would have developed or gotten used to unsolicited comments and maybe even be able to just laugh about it.
3. Remember opinions are not fact. Their thoughts, their business not yours. Stick to your truth and keep it moving.
4. Put your energy and attention into your own journey & goals. When your mind is focused on your vision, everything else becomes irrelevant. Protect your dream, and be quick to cut off poisonous people, thoughts or other influences. Always stay gracious best revenge is your paperrr.
5. Do as you please without hurting anyone. If you can’t please yourself, who will? If your not getting in anyone’s way, their issue is really with themselves. Proceed.
6. Gratitude is the winning attitude. Reminding yourself of how blessed you are makes other issues so insignificant.
7. Turn fire into fuel. Figure out how to transfer negative emotions into energy that’ll drive you towards your goals.
8. Surround yourself with a great team. Develop a strong network of people to remind you how amazing you for the days when amnesia temporarily strikes you.
9. Give & help others once in a while. Enriching the lives of others will always make you feel great.
10. Finally, If in doubt, ask yourself whichever applies :-
– do I actually value their opinion?
– what’s the worst that can happen?
– will it matter in 2 years?
Will you die???
If the answer is no/none, MOVE ON. I always say, if it doesn’t make me happy, make me better or make me money, then umm, it ain’t for me, next.
and that’s it! Hopefully this has reached someone who needed it, I’ll definitely have to read back from time to time to remind myself how to be a baddass.
If you liked this post, Share, follow and come back soon!